FOAM assists and informs Montana’s licensed fishing outfitters & guides
- If you’re a licensed Montana fishing outfitter or guide, check our benefits / membership application.
- Wonder how to become a licensed Montana guide or outfitter? See our FAQ page.
- If you’re not a guide or outfitter, but want to support FOAM, join as a sustaining member.
Fishing outfitters and guides organized FOAM in 1981 to:
- Represent members in licensing or business regulations, conservation concerns, and legislative actions
- Coordinate member services, insurance & business opportunities
- Provide political unity, guide public relations & promote our industry
- Increase consumer service satisfaction & safety
- Advance outfitter and guide licensing qualifications
- Monitor fishing regulations
- Protect fish and their habitat via the Montana Fishing Outfitters Conservation Fund
- To protect and preserve Montana’s fish, wildlife, and aquatic resources
- To promote and preserve Montana’s fishing outfitting industry
- To work with individuals, groups, and agencies in all matters of administration and regulation affecting the resources and our fishing industry
- The Fishing Outfitters Association of Montana is a non-profit business association of licensed Montana outfitters and guides represented and governed by a nine-member Board of Directors.
- FOAM has a full-time Executive Director and lobbyist to represent members in regulatory, legislative, and public forums.
- This web site connects you with potential clients, brings you industry and membership information, and provides updates and legislative alerts via our News page.
- Our FOAMLINE newsletter keeps members informed and educated on the variety of topics that confront our industry on the local, regional, statewide and national levels.
- A group policy provides our members liability insurance that exceeds state requirements. Commercial auto coverage and equipment insurance is also available.
- Our annual meeting is a forum for industry issues, discussion, business promotion, and fish/client tales.
- OUTFITTER Member – Annual dues: $125
Licensed by Montana Board of Outfitters to provide fishing services
(may also be licensed for upland bird/waterfowl or big-game hunting services)
- GUIDE member – Annual dues: $75
(may also offer upland bird/waterfowl or big-game hunting services)
- SUSTAINING Member – Annual dues: $50
Businesses and individuals who share FOAM’s mission and ethics
Outfitter & Guide Applications | Sustaining Member Information
Board of Directors
|Name||Hometown||Region / river(s)|
|Lee Kinsey, President||Livingston||Yellowstone|
|Pat Straub, V. President||Helena||Missouri|
|Matt McMeans||Ft. Smith||Bighorn, Ft. Peck Reservoir|
|Jim Voeller||Whitefish||Kootenai, Flathead|
|Jack Mauer||Victor||Bitterroot, Clarks Fork|
|Tim Tollett||Dillon||Big Hole, Beaverhead|
|Chris Fleck, Guide Director||Columbus||Statewide|
|Executive Director||Executive Secretary|
|Robin Cunningham||Pat Cunningham|
Fishing Outfitters Association of Montana (FOAM)
P.O. Box 67, Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730
406.763.5436 – 406.763.5548 Fax
foaminfo at foam-montana.org
Copyright© FOAM 2006; Updated 1/07
About this site.